1. We (Treecology) shall strive to provide an efficient, professional service to all our clients to the best of our ability whilst employing sound professional knowledge, skills and experience and in compliance with all current industry standards and regulations.
2. We will book in work upon acceptance of a written quotation provided by ourselves after an initial consultation and the viewing of the work required. Quotations are valid for a period of 6 Weeks from date of issue and thereafter we reserve the right to amend costs as necessary, and re-quote if required.
3. We will acknowledge acceptance of quotations via telephone but require a written confirmation including the phrase “I/we accept your terms and conditions” either by Email or Post to;
4. Accepted work will be booked in at the earliest mutually convenient date dependant of the current workload of booked in work. We reserve the right to change dates due to unforeseen events such as weather or sickness, but in any event will contact you at the earliest possible time to re-book such work for the nearest available day, moving other work if necessary and possible.
5. We will take all necessary steps to ensure the site is left clean, tidy and safe upon completion of any works.
6. Due to health and safety, you, the client, are asked to ensure that all domestic animal mess is cleared from lawns and areas where we will be working prior to us starting any works. In failure of doing so we reserve the right to levy a charge of £20
7. It is the responsibility of the client, to ensure access routes and areas of work are clear of dustbins, plant pots and other obstacles that may present a potential trip hazard, unless your physical health is of such that this is not possible.
8. Should any scheduled works need to be cancelled by the client, 24 hours’ notice is required. If a client fails to do so a 50% charge of the total quoted price may be levied at our discretion. Where the quoted works falls over more than one day then 50% of the pro-rata day rate may be levied.
9. Costs of any works requested outside the original quotation will be agreed and charged in addition to the quoted price.
10. We reserve the right to delay or cancel works that; (a) are deemed a potential hazard (b) are affected be inclement/dangerous weather (c) interfere with the safe retention of wildlife habitats (d) are compromised by unforeseen circumstances.
11. In the event of the a contact being withdrawn by a client after works have commenced, he/she will agree to pay 75% of the total quoted price to us within 7 days.
12. Our contractual agreement ends upon the receipt of full payment from you, the third party client. Payment terms
13. Tree Surgery We require payment in full within 7 days of completion of work as defined in the quotation. VAT is not added to any of our labour costs but in some events where a sub-contractor is used in conjunction with ourselves VAT may have been added to their cost prices prior to quoting, such as in Stump grinding, Road Haulage or Machinery Hire.
14. Log Sales Log sales are VAT free at this time and we require payment in cash on delivery.
15. Constructive Landscaping/Fencing Where a job involves Materials to be obtained by ourselves prior to work commencing we reserve the right to ask for 40% of the total quoted price to be paid up-front.
Liability 16. We, the contractor are responsible solely for any damage caused directly as a result of our activities and will carry our any repairs ourselves or through our insurance company if necessary.
17. We do not accept liability for any damages to underground services that were not advised or confirmed by the client prior to work commencing.
18. The client is responsible for informing neighbouring homes or businesses in the event of work needing to be carried out on their tree(s), or where access is required either to work on or clear up from work to your trees or theirs.
19. The client is bound to indemnify us, the contractors, from any third party claims arising after completion of any works.